Check out the new article from the LTTA that gives helpful info on what to do about cockroaches.
Should you see cockroaches or other insect pests (silverfish, grain beetles, ants, etc) in your apartment, you can:
- Fill out a work order and deposit it at the Management Office in 85.
- Use an online work order at https://www.rentcafe.com/residentservices/apartmentsforrent/userlogin.aspx or use the RentCAFE Resident smart phone app — then click Maintenance Request. (Please contact the Management Office for instructions on how to set-up a Rent Cafe account.)
- Contact Suzana in the Management Office at (416) 421-8109 ext. 27628 or email her at email@example.com
Great news from Morguard!
We are pleased to announce that we will be able to reopen our Fitness Centre as of Friday July 16th.
To facilitate physical distancing guidelines, the Fitness Center will be made available from 9:30am-9:30pm at 50% capacity. It is important as we open the Fitness Centre that we do so while prioritizing the health and safety of our residents and associates.
The Recreation facilities will be on a first come, first serve basis with a 1 hour limit to allow all residents that would like to use the facilities to have access.
To allow use of the Fitness Centre while working to prevent further spread of COVID-19 the following guidelines will be in place:
- Maintain the Public Health Canada recommended physical distance of 3-metres from all persons not from your immediate household.
- Due to reduced capacity limits, Residents will not be permitted to have guests use the amenities to ensure residents are given priority.
- Wipe down ALL equipment with the provided disinfecting wipes BEFORE and AFTER each use.
- Fitness mats and balls have been temporarily removed. Until further notice, residents will be asked to bring their own yoga/fitness mats and fitness balls for their personal use.
- You may notice a reduced amount of equipment and/or equipment flagged “Not for Use,” these adjustments have been made intentionally to encourage and allow for appropriate social distancing.
- A member of our team will regularly monitor the Fitness Centre periodically throughout the day to ensure physical distancing, face covering, and capacity restrictions are maintained at all times.
We understand accommodating these restrictions can feel like an inconvenience, however, adhering to these guidelines prioritizes the health and safety of our residents and associates, while allowing us to open our Fitness Centre.
If you have any questions, please contact the Management Office at 416-421-8109.
People living in a high-rise apartment or condominium building need to think ahead and be prepared in the event of a fire emergency.
Toronto Fire Services has provided the following info on how to stay safe in case of fire. Click on the image below to get the details.
Notice from Morguard re: heating and A/C:
The heating will be turned off on Wednesday May 19th and the A/C will be turned on Monday May 24th.
Please ensure your windows are closed and that nothing is obstructing the vents. Ideally you should set your thermostat between 55-65 degrees and full power.
Should you experience any leaks from your A/C, please contact security, your superintendent and/or the Management Office immediately.
We wish you a safe and enjoyable summer.
Morguard Management Office
The Leaside Towers Tenant Info Kit has been updated for 2021. The latest Tenant Info Kit can always be found here.
We have updated the Morguard Contact List. You can find it here.
Message from Morguard
On Sunday, April 25th our beloved friend Shawn Riley passed away suddenly and unexpectedly after contracting COVID-19. He leaves behind his sister, Megan. We are completely heart-broken over this news and would really like to do something to help alleviate some of the financial strain this will have on his family. A GoFundMe page has been set up by his family for anyone who is interested in helping donate any funds towards funeral costs, time off work, and other incidentals that they shouldn’t have to worry about during this time.
As we all know, this pandemic has taken its toll on families whether it has been financially, mentally, physically, etc. so we understand if you can’t donate. Alternatively, a quick share of this would mean the world and be greatly appreciated. Our hope for this page is that the Riley family will receive enough financial help to help them get through this difficult and unpredictable time
To donate please use the following link.
NOTICE TO RESIDENTS
RE: Elevator #4
Please be advised the repairs to elevator #4 were unable to be completed on Arpil 23. Otis will be on site on Monday April 26th to continue with the repairs.
There are still several days left on the repairs. We will continue to update residents as information becomes available.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
Amit Thakur, District Manager
Thanks to everyone who attended the Tenants Meeting held on March 19th.
Thanks also to our guest Esel Panlaqui from the Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office (TNO) for taking the time to meet with us and answer questions.
Minutes are now available here.
The next meeting will be held June 18th, 2019. We will welcome a speaker from Blue Dot, an environmental organization backed by the David Suzuki Foundation.
The LTTA and Morguard invite you to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the opening of the Leaside Towers Library.
Please note that the celebration will now take place on February 15th instead of the 8th.
Friday February 15, 2019
Come meet your neighbours, borrow or return a book , or donate a book or two!
Refreshments will be served.
Just a reminder, the Library is open 9am – 9pm daily with entry by fob.
For more info, please contact our Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to everyone who attended the Tenants Meeting held on December 11.
Thanks also to our guest Jaye Robinson for taking the time to meet with us and answer questions.
Minutes are now available here.
The next meeting will be held March 19th, 2019.
The LTTA Steering Committee wishes everyone a healthy and happy 2019.
Please join us in the Party Room at 7:30pm on December 11th for our final Tenants Meeting of the year. ALL TENANTS are welcome and encouraged to attend.
ON THE AGENDA
- Councillor Jaye Robinson – come and meet our new city representative
- Property Manager Amit Thakur – to answer your questions and address your concerns
- MOST IMPORTANTLY we’d like to hear from you about things you would like the LTTA to undertake in conjunction with Management, to resolve issues and to provide constructive ideas to improve everyone’s living experience at Leaside Towers!
If you haven’t yet become a member of the LTTA, we hope you will join or renew for 2019 at the meeting! Membership is only $10.00 per apartment per year.
Minutes of previous meetings can be found here.
Thanks to everyone who attended the Tenants Meeting held on September 18.
Thanks also to our guests:
- PC Victor Seruto, Toronto Police Services
- Anthony Clarke and Ryan Johnson, Regal Security
- Jaye Robinson, candidate for Councillor
- Incumbent Councillor Jon Burnside
Minutes are now available here.
The next meeting will be held December 11th.